Saturday 15 September 2012

New Arrivals

These couple of weeks I have been acting online on a whim (not a good thing!). The result, was some new purchases and new tools.



I bought my first ever item on Etsy: a handspun sport yarn from Dancing Leaf Farm. Very nice colors, soft and fast shipping! It arrived 2 weeks after purchase, which is pretty good considering that it came from the US. I still haven't got an idea on which project to use it. Any recommendations?



I also bought a book that has been long my wishlist: Around the corner Crochet Borders by Edie Eckman. I like making crochet borders in almost all of my projects, so I thought it was high time I got something that would give me more ideas to practice. ^^ I have only browsed quickly through the book, but it looks quite nice. As expected by the author!


I also got those big big needles I have been drooling over for some time now. The pair I got is number 20 (in metric) and I have already in mind some ideas on how to use it in future projects. Hope it will turn out nice as well. ^^ The only downside is that they were not particularly cheap, although they are plastic. But what can you do? they are a tool. (Very useful at times!)

don't they look like rockets?
Now my stupidity revealed: the absence of elastic thread. I had an epiphany recently, regarding the use of elastic thread in knitted/crocheted projects. I went and immediately bought one, while wondering how is it possible that I hadn't thought of this for so long? 
I guess the mind is a mysterious thing. One thing is for sure, from now on, I won't have to worry about projects over- or under- stretching. ^^







2 comments:

  1. Μεγειά! Φαίνονται όλα υπέροχα!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστώ!! μένει μόνο να τα χρησιμοποιήσω καταλλήλως! :)

      Delete