Sunday 20 January 2013

And now for something completely different

Some things come out of the blue and have the power to put a long lasting smile on your face.

Recently, my first ever American friend, that I met during traveling between Turkey and Greece, wrote a poem that has as introduction our encounter across borders:

We met, she told me I'm her first American friend
An historic day for both of us in March, 2010

So personable she is with so much promise
An Engineering student at a competition
Building robots with her team

So much younger than I but together
We were ageless enjoying the town

She’d been here before, a favorite student place to go
And she proudly showed me around to
All the best places for me to be and enjoy during my brief stay
Representing very well her home country

Everyone around the world should be this way
Differences between us all would be less I can say
Later she left for her connecting train
But we have kept in touch till this very day
 
[...]

You can read the full version in her blog.

I was surprised, glad and very happy to I read this, 
Thank you Margaret. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment