Sunday 20 January 2013

The grey hat

Time to talk about some knitting now, and present a whole new project I finished some time ago. 



I got contacted by a friend, and she made a request for a grey hat: no particular design or stitch, just a grey hat. Which ultimately meant that I could improvise entirely. (I love this!)


And so I opened my stitch dictionaries and started looking for various stitches. I selected quite a few and although I wanted to use 3 of them I ended up using only two. 

I wanted to try entirely new stuff, so for starters I used the tubular cast-on, which is quite time consuming, but produces a wonderful result. Then I used a different-than-usual rib stitch and finally a diagonal stitch pattern for the main part of the hat.


My first thought was to make the hat on circular needles, but I was not so sure I would be able to make the ribbing right on circulars, so I decided to use straight needles instead. I know the joining is not the best looking, but at least I managed to make the diagonal lines fall into the right place. :) 


Aaaand I also have some others to present, hope to find time for that!




No comments:

Post a Comment