Sunday 4 August 2013

Crochet motifs and macrame

Other pre-trip knitting I got to do involve crochet and macrame instead: I was commissioned to make 20 crochet cotton motifs and two macrame bracelets.



It was rather enjoyful to make all these motifs, and have the freedom to try any design I like. I used this opportunity to experiment with different designs I have had in mind, but never enough time to try them out, since as you most probably have noticed, lately I knit a lot more than I crochet, and haven't experimented a lot with it at all.



I wanted to give them a light summer-like tone, so I used entirely cotton thread and rather soft colors (except for two multicolor motifs)


Their main purpose is to decorate the top of marmalade jars, but they can be used pretty much for anything. ^^

As for the bracelets I was asked only specific colors, the rest was up to me. I think I am starting to become addicted to the square motif..






No comments:

Post a Comment